Embracing Inclusion and Updates from Live Without Limits
Hi, Live Without Limits family!
I hope you’re all doing well and gearing up for a joyful holiday season. First off, I want to apologize for taking a couple of weeks off from the blog. Life has been wonderfully busy, but I’m thrilled to be back and reconnecting with all of you!
As we head into the holiday season, it’s the perfect time to reflect on how we can all create a more inclusive environment for everyone in our communities. The holidays can bring joy, but they can also be overwhelming for individuals with disabilities or mental health challenges. Here are a few ways you can make a difference:
•Be mindful of sensory sensitivities: Whether it’s dimming the lights or lowering the volume at gatherings, small adjustments can make a big impact.
•Invite everyone to participate: Reach out to neighbors, classmates, or coworkers who might feel isolated during the holidays. A simple invitation can make someone feel valued.
•Educate yourself and others: Share resources or stories about the importance of inclusion during the holiday season.
Speaking of stories, I’m so excited to share an incredible new interview with former Miss Indiana, Cydney Bridges! She opened up about her personal journey with ADHD, her experiences in the Miss America organization, her career in nursing, and her incredible community impact. Her insights are powerful, and her message of resilience is a perfect example of what it means to Live Without Limits. I’m thrilled to announce that this interview is now available to watch live. It’s an inspiring conversation you won’t want to miss! Check it out now on our instagram page @livew_outlimits!
As for me, I’m diving into preparations for the Miss Spirit and Heart competition coming up next month. The Miss America organization has been such a big part of my journey, and I’m beyond excited to continue sharing my ‘Live Without Limits’ mission as I compete. There’s a lot of work ahead, but I’m embracing every moment of it!
Thank you for sticking with me during this little break, and I’m so glad to be back sharing updates, resources, and inspiration with you. Let’s all keep working together to make the world a more inclusive and supportive place for everyone.
Until next time,
Kaitlin Dunn
Founder, Live Without Limits
Comments
Post a Comment