WEEK 2 of ADHD Awareness Month
This week on my Instagram, I had the pleasure of hosting a Q&A session dedicated to answering questions, sharing insights, and engaging in meaningful discussions about ADHD. The response was truly inspiring, and I am eager to continue this important dialogue through a dedicated blog post. I invite everyone to participate by sharing their questions, thoughts, and personal experiences. I will be addressing all of your submissions in next week’s blog post, as part of my ongoing commitment to raising awareness and understanding of ADHD throughout this special month.
As we continue to observe ADHD Awareness Month, I am also excited to announce that I am planning a live event on my Instagram page with former Miss Indiana, Braxton Kennedy Hiser. Braxton’s story is particularly significant as she was recently diagnosed with ADHD as an adult, a reality that many people face. During our live session, we will explore the differences between being diagnosed with ADHD in childhood versus later in life. Although ADHD is often diagnosed at a young age, there are many cases where symptoms go unnoticed, or a diagnosis is missed until adulthood. I believe that by highlighting these different experiences, we can offer valuable insights and hope to those who may feel uncertain about their diagnosis.
This event is especially close to my heart because it allows me to share more of my own story, while also providing a platform for Braxton to share her unique perspective. My goal is to reach as many people as possible, offering reassurance that a diagnosis of ADHD does not have to limit anyone’s potential. I hope to inspire those recently diagnosed, reminding them that they have the ability to live fully and achieve their dreams, regardless of when their diagnosis occurred.
Additionally, I’d like to remind everyone that my children’s book, Carla’s Journey: Embracing Differences with Friends, is still available for purchase on the Barnes and Noble website. This book is a labor of love, aimed at helping children with ADHD and other mental disabilities feel seen, understood, and empowered to pursue their goals. I hope it continues to make a difference in the lives of young readers and their families.
I am looking forward to connecting with many of you through both this upcoming blog post and the live event with Braxton on October 21st at 4:00PM. Let’s continue spreading awareness and supporting one another through our journeys with ADHD!
Comments
Post a Comment