Taking Steps Closer to the Crown and Building Inclusive Communities
The 2025 competition season has been nothing short of amazing, and I’m so excited to share my experiences from two incredible local competitions: Miss Hoosier Valley and Miss Southern Indiana. Competing alongside so many talented and driven women has been both humbling and inspiring. I’m thrilled to share that I was honored to receive the People’s Choice Award at both events—a testament to the incredible support of my community. These moments are more than just titles; they’re steps closer to the Miss Indiana stage and opportunities to continue advocating for inclusive environments and sharing my “Live Without Limits” message.
As the local competition season begins to wind down, I can’t help but reflect on how much this journey has meant to me. With each competition, I’m reminded of how special the Miss America organization is—not just for its scholarships but for the chance to stand beside women who empower and inspire one another. My hope is to punch my ticket to Miss Indiana soon, where I’ll get to spend an unforgettable summer with incredible women and share my message with even more communities across Indiana.
Special Olympics Polar Plunge is Just Around the Corner!
The Special Olympics Indiana Polar Plunge is just a little over two weeks away! This event is so much more than a fundraiser—it’s a celebration of inclusion and a way to support athletes with disabilities. There’s still time to join us! Participants only need to raise a minimum of $99 to take the plunge, and every dollar raised goes toward creating life-changing opportunities for Special Olympics athletes. If jumping into icy waters isn’t for you, donations are always welcome, and every little bit helps make a difference.
Best Buddies Walk and Exciting Updates
Looking ahead, I’m thrilled to participate in the Best Buddies Friendship Walk at the end of April. This event is another fantastic way to champion inclusion and foster meaningful connections within our communities. Stay tuned for more details on how you can get involved!
I’m also excited to announce some upcoming interviews with very special guests. These conversations will highlight stories of perseverance, resilience, and how we can all live without limits. I can’t wait to share them with you soon!
Reduced Price for “Carla’s Journey”
Finally, I have some exciting news about my children’s book, Carla’s Journey: Embracing Differences with Friends. To ensure this story reaches every child who needs it, I’ve reduced the price to just $7.99. My goal is to make this book as accessible as possible and continue working to place it in schools, libraries, and homes across Indiana and beyond.
Thank you for your ongoing support as I continue this journey. Together, we’re creating a world where everyone feels empowered to embrace their differences and live without limits! Stay tuned for updates, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you’d like to join any of these initiatives.
With Gratitude,
Founder of Live Without Limits
Kaitlin Dunn
Comments
Post a Comment